Tishia (Tish) Browning, Esq.
Tish is a member of the firm’s business litigation and transaction practice groups.
Prior to joining Rossman, P.C., Tish practiced at Mantese Honigman, where she handled various complex business law matters, and the Heidemann Jabbori law firm, where she challenged Michigan Bar Examination results for her clients. In addition to her prior practice, Tish served as Wayne Law’s Director of Employer Development, where she specialized in counseling and project management.
Tish graduated in the top 10% of her class from Wayne State University Law School, where she was awarded numerous honors, including the Gold Key Award for achieving a 4.0 GPA during her second year of law school. While in law school, Tish was a member of The Wayne Law Review and served on the Board of Directors for the Free Legal Aid Clinic. Upon graduation, Tish was elected to the Order of the Coif. She also holds a Bachelor of Arts degree from the University of Michigan-Dearborn, from which she graduated with high distinction.
Tish currently serves on the Detroit Bar Association’s Board of Directors, a position to which she was elected by the Detroit legal community. In 2019, she was also awarded the DBA’s Fellow Award for professional achievement and dedication to the legal community. In addition to serving on the organization’s Board, she is also a member of the Diversity and Inclusion, Detroit Legal Scholar, and Nominating Committees. She previously served on the Judicial Candidate Evaluations Committee.
Her writing has been repeatedly published in Detroit Lawyer Magazine and the National Association for Law Placement, including the following articles:
- How to Answer the Interview Question: What are your Salary Expectations, Detroit Lawyer Magazine: Career Corner, August – September 2020 Edition
- Guiding New Associates Through the Job Offer: For Small- to Mid-Size Firms, Detroit Lawyer Magazine: Career Corner, April – May 2019 Edition
- Networking and the Tips I’ve Learned from the Most Charming People I’ve Met, Detroit Lawyer Magazine: Career Corner, January – February 2019 Edition
- Framing Individual Interactions to Instill Professionalism in Students, NALP Bulletin, January 2019, submitted on behalf of NALP Newer Professionals Section
- Opening the Interview Door with an Effective Legal Résumer, Detroit Lawyer Magazine: Career Corner, September – October 2018 Edition
- Helping Millennials Succeed, Detroit Lawyer Magazine: Career Corner, July – August 2018 Edition
- Timeless Interview Wisdom, Detroit Lawyer Magazine: Career Corner, May – June 2018 Edition
- Helping Students with Public-Interest Leaning Resumes Prepare for OCI, NALP Bulletin, March 2017, submitted on behalf of NALP Newer Professionals Section