Linda Roelans Oszust, Esq.
Some of Linda’s recent representative engagements involve, inter alia:
- Winning summary disposition dismissal on fraud claims, arguing in defense thereof on appeal (YouTube: Mich. App., 10/13/2022, 46:18 / COA Audio) and achieving a 2-1 affirmance in her client’s favor in the higher court.
- Securing the transfer of control over a multigenerational family logging business through settlement of fiduciary duty and oppression claims after a two-day mediation (see Michigan Lawyer’s Weekly, 06/27/2022)
- Achieving a confidential settlement of employment and breach of contract claims brought against client in the insurance sector.
- Member of litigation team in class action against City of Detroit and other defendants for claims arising out of grossly negligent practices in the burial of bodies (see 6/09/2021, Fox2 News & 6/10/2021, WXYZ)
- Securing $296,000 buy-out in settlement of a member-oppression, fiduciary breach lawsuit as chief negotiator and first chair counsel
- Defeating a TRO request in a high-profile intellectual property and trademark dispute in the case of Detroit Wing Company v. Wing Snob
- Defending against fiduciary oppression and noncompete claims on behalf of businesses in the insurance, information technology and medical practice sectors
- Representing business in franchising transactions
- Resolving same-sex divorce and custody dispute matter involving corporate executives with substantial asset base to be apportioned
- Structuring commercial special assets workout involving seven-figure debt
- Managing wrongful death litigation in Wayne County Circuit Court
Born and raised in Detroit by her firefighter-father, Linda found success not only in the ranks of the business world, but also in academia. She double majored in Spanish language and natural sciences at Western Michigan University, subsequently achieving her Juris Doctor from Wayne State University Law School, where she was a Board of Governor’s Scholar, earning a full-tuition scholarship for high academic achievement. At Wayne Law, Linda earned the Silver Key Award and the faculty nominated Annual Award for Contracts while graduating cum laude in the top tier of her class.
Linda distinguished herself in the art of trial practice while still in law school, winning first place in the mock trial competition and also earning a position on the university’s national competition trial team. She served as an Assistant Editor for the school’s Journal of Law in Society and was a Board member of the Women’s Law Caucus and the International Law Student’s Association while working for the Legal Advocacy for People with Cancer Clinic.
Linda participated in and presented at the State Bar of Michigan Third and Fourth Annual Business Law Symposia. She is a member of the Privately Held Business Forum, a committee of the State Bar of Michigan, Business Law Section, and she is on the Annual Symposium Committee.
In April 2021, Linda was elected to the Board of Directors of the American Autoimmune Related Diseases Association, Inc.
Linda is fluent in reading, speaking, and writing Spanish.