Linda Roelans, Esq.
Before joining Rossman, P.C., Linda sharpened her swords on the cutthroat landscape of the Chicago business world, holding executive positions not dissimilar to those held by many of her clientele at Rossman, P.C., where she is a litigator and heads the corporate counseling and crisis group. Linda understands not only how and why the problem, or, very often, crisis, at hand arose, but also how it should be resolved, whether it be by show of force, a cautious defense, out in the open, or behind closed doors and outside of the public record.
Some of Linda’s recent representative engagements involve, inter alia:
- Member of litigation team in class action against City of Detroit and other defendants for claims arising out of grossly negligent practices in the burial of bodies (see 06/09/2021, Fox2 News & 06/10/2021, WXYZ)
- Securing $296,000 buy-out in settlement of a member-oppression, fiduciary breach lawsuit as chief negotiator and first chair counsel
- Defeating a TRO request in a high-profile intellectual property and trademark dispute in the case of Detroit Wing Company v. Wing Snob
- Defending against fiduciary oppression and noncompete claims on behalf of businesses in the insurance, information technology and medical practice sectors
- Representing business in franchising transactions
- Winning summary disposition in defense of fraud claims
- Resolving same-sex divorce and custody dispute matter involving corporate executives with substantial asset base to be apportioned
- Structuring commercial special assets workout involving seven-figure debt
- Managing wrongful death litigation in Wayne County Circuit Court
Though principally focusing upon civil matters, Linda has also secured several not-guilty verdicts in her career, including for a client facing a felony charge that carried with it a potential penalty of decades in prison.
Born and raised in Detroit by her firefighter-father, Linda found success not only in the ranks of the business world, but also in academia. She double majored in Spanish language and natural sciences at Western Michigan University, subsequently achieving her Juris Doctor from Wayne State University Law School, where she was a Board of Governor’s Scholar, earning a full-tuition scholarship for high academic achievement. At Wayne Law, Linda earned the Silver Key Award and the faculty nominated Annual Award for Contracts while graduating cum laude in the top tier of her class.
Linda distinguished herself in the art of trial practice while still in law school, winning first place in the mock trial competition and also earning a position on the university’s national competition trial team. She served as an Assistant Editor for the school’s Journal of Law in Society and was a Board member of the Women’s Law Caucus and the International Law Student’s Association while working for the Legal Advocacy for People with Cancer Clinic.
Linda participated in the State Bar of Michigan Third Annual Symposium on Corporate Oppression, and in Spring 2021 she will present on the intersect of corporate succession and crisis planning issues at the Troy Chamber of Commerce Corporate Succession and Estate Planning Thinktank.
In April 2021, Linda was elected to the Board of Directors of the American Autoimmune Related Diseases Association, Inc.
Linda is fluent in reading, speaking, and writing Spanish.